Mary Wollstonecraft was a groundbreaking Enlightenment philosopher. She wrote the first English language call for the equality of the sexes, and became the world’s first female war correspondent when she traveled to France to report on the “Reign of Terror”.
Bee Rowlett asked poets to respond to one of Mary’s quotes, Jack choosing “I am the first of a new genus!” for his poem Origins.
Read Jack’s poem and a lively account of Mary’s life here.
- Anna Meryt Featured at Dugdale Theatre
- Jack Cooper Commended in Young Poets Network Competition
- Jack Cooper Places 3rd in Competition Honouring Poet Laureate
- Vicky Olliver and Jack Cooper to feature in Imago Dei Exhibition, Enfield
- Highgate Poets to Perform Saturday 2nd March
- Publishing Success for Anna Meryt
- Competition Success for Julian Bishop
- Competition Success for Anne Ballard
- Jack Cooper Judges ‘Hour of Writes’ Competition